If your program supports Coaching Circles, you'll have the opportunity to join a group of six to eight peers for a multi-week development journey, led by an expert BetterUp coach. You'll dive deep into a shared topic of interest through weekly video sessions and between-session activities.
How to Join a Coaching Circle
If there are Coaching Circles that you are eligible to join that have open registrations, you can view them in your BetterUp account. To join a Coaching Circle group, you must activate your BetterUp account and finish the BetterUp onboarding first. After you have completed your BetterUp onboarding and sign in, you will immediately see the “Join a Coaching Circle Today” card (as shown below) at the top of your to-do list if any Coaching Circles are open for registration.
Additionally, you can view Coaching Circle Opportunities after you have onboarded, by following these steps:
- Log into the BetterUp app or website
- Click the Coaching tab
- Ensure you are on the Plan tab. If there are other opportunities with open registrations, you will be able to see them listed there. If nothing is listed, this means that there are not currently Coaching Circle opportunities to join at this time.
Locating the Coaching Circle Calendar Invite
Calendar invites should automatically be added to your calendar, if you cannot find the invite, follow the steps below:
- Please check your email inbox (check your spam folder as well) for an email that says, “You are registered for the [topic] Coaching Circle.”
The above email should include a download link. Click on the link under "Check your calendar" to download an .ics file.
- You can also manually join your sessions by locating that email and clicking "Join Session"
- If you are still running into technical difficulties with locating your calendar invites or you cannot locate that email, please reach out to our Customer Support Operations team at email@example.com. Our team will be sure to provide you with the links that you need!
Coaching Circle Registration
Registration for a Coaching Circle typically runs for two weeks. You will be notified on the platform when your registration window has opened. Registration dates vary depending on the program.
If you have additional questions, please reach out to our Customer Support Operations team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Difference Between 1:1 Coaching and Coaching Circles
1:1 coaching, or primary coaching, happens between a single member and a coach who is dedicated to that individual’s unique challenges and growth. Coaching Circles happen among 6-8 members and a single coach who will guide the group through in-person sessions on topics of shared interest over 6 weekly sessions.
Primary coaching (or 1:1 coaching) is a more personalized version of coaching where you can get real-time support from a dedicated coach. While we recommend prioritizing primary coaching over Coaching Circles, it is also possible to do both!
Participating in Coaching Circles and 1:1 Coaching Simultaneously
Members who have access can participate in both 1:1 coaching and coaching circles. Coaching Circles do require a one-hour weekly commitment over the course of 6 weeks. If choosing between the two, we recommend 1:1 coaching, as it is a more customized experience. Your 1:1 coach will be dedicated to your unique challenges and growth while Coaching Circles will focus on a topic of shared interest and will involve peer-to-peer sharing and coach facilitation.
If you would like to be removed from 1:1 coaching because you are already registered for a Coaching Circle, please contact support Please note that we recommend members prioritize their primary coach over Coaching Circles.
Missing A Coaching Circle Session
If you cannot attend one of the six required sessions, we request that you contact your coach over the BetterUp messaging feature to let them know. Your coach will assign any readings or activities for the session that you are unable to attend.
Please note, it is not possible to join a similar session of a different coaching circle to make up for a missed session.
How to Cancel a Coaching Circle Session
If registration for your Coaching Circle is still open, you can cancel your own registration by following these steps:
- Log into your BetterUp account on a desktop
- Click the Coaching tab
- Under the Plan tab, click on the Coaching Circle that you are currently in
- Once the Coaching Circle's homepage opens, scroll to the bottom of the page and click Cancel Registration.
- If you need additional assistance, please reach out to our Customer Support Operations team at email@example.com.