Many websites need your permission in order to successfully use your video and microphone. We recommend using Google Chrome whenever joining a BetterUp session via a browser. BetterUp video sessions are currently designed to use the camera and microphone selected within your Chrome browser's settings.
Please follow the steps below to grant permission for BetterUp Video sessions to access your preferred camera and microphone:
- In your Google Chrome address bar, go to https://www.betterup.com/
- Click the lock icon
- Click Site settings
- Click the drop-down menu next to Camera and ensure Allow is selected
Click the drop-down menu next to Microphone and ensure Allow is selected
- Click Security and Privacy on the left-hand menu
- Click Site Settings
- Click Microphone
- Click on the drop-down and select your preferred default microphone, such as your built-in computer microphone or an external headset (if applicable)
- To set a preferred camera, select the back arrow
- Select Camera
- Use the drop-down menu circled to select your preferred camera for BetterUp Video
(e.g., if using an external web camera vs. the computer's integrated web camera)
- Important: Please close all open Chrome windows, and open a fresh new page for your next BetterUp video session to ensure the changes take effect.
Your next BetterUp Video session will default to the devices you selected in following these steps! Please don't hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require further assistance.
Additional instructions for: