BetterUp video sessions are currently designed to use the camera and microphone selected within your browser's settings. We recommend using Google Chrome whenever joining a BetterUp session.
Please follow the steps below to grant permission for BetterUp Video sessions to access your preferred camera and microphone:
Android (Google Chrome): Use your camera & microphone - Android - Google Chrome Help
iPhone (Google Chrome): How to Enable Camera Permissions for Chrome on an iPhone
- In your Google Chrome address bar, go to https://www.betterup.com/
- Click the lock icon
- Click Site settings
- Click the drop-down menu next to Camera and ensure Allow is selected
Click the drop-down menu next to Microphone and ensure Allow is selected
- Click Security and Privacy on the left-hand menu
- Click Site Settings
- Click Microphone
- Click on the drop-down and select your preferred default microphone, such as your built-in computer microphone or an external headset (if applicable)
- To set a preferred camera, select the back arrow
- Select Camera
- Use the drop-down menu circled to select your preferred camera for BetterUp Video
(e.g., if using an external web camera vs. the computer's integrated web camera)
- Important: Please close all open Chrome windows, and open a fresh new page for your next BetterUp video session to ensure the changes take effect.
Your next BetterUp Video session will default to the selected devices.
Change Camera During Session
Next to the Mute/Unmute and Turn camera on/off buttons is a second button
Click on the
^which opens a dropdown with available cameras or mics or speakers
Select from the dropdown which device you want to use
Note: for BetterUp video to work, members and coaches need to enable BetterUp to use their camera and mic on the browser level as outlined above.